This week Dj Matt Cole drops a new mix on us, his 3rd for Beat Soup, and arguably his best yet, that is both housey and techy . . . two of our favorite things. Let this 90 minute mix kick your Monday into gear and fill all your house music cravings!
· Formerly known as Perfect Driver, Matthew Anthony is a producer, DJ and is the label-head at Perfect Driver Music in Los Angeles.
· You can catch Matthew at the Perfect Driver events in and around Southern California along with local crew members Wood Holly, Jamie Prado, Ballast and Matty Scoll.
· “This is a fun mix of my current favorites, hovering in the middle ground between house, funk, booty and techno.”
· Please check the track-listing for links to FREE DOWNLOADS on many tracks
Perfect Driver on Soundcloud - http://bit.ly/1tHF8e0
Perfect Driver on Beatport - http://btprt.dj/1naldAF
Matthew Anthony on Soundcloud - http://bit.ly/1lByrLD
Matthew Anthony on Twitter - http://bit.ly/1ubkxiG
Matthew Anthony on Facebook - http://on.fb.me/1B54p6i
01. Dan Sieg – Choco Ballz (Salty Edit) – [Perfect Driver Music] - http://bit.ly/1sl0e0T
02. Aaron Snapes – Panther (Techno Crack Edit) – [Dirtybird] - http://bit.ly/1ub4n93
03. Brooks & Millar – Big Daddy (Original Mix) – [Unreleased] - http://bit.ly/1qeBU2r
04. Jamie Prado – Slinkfunk (Original Mix) – [Perfect Driver Music] - http://bit.ly/1AI0Vqj
05. Panic Bomber – I Only Have Eyes For You (Original Mix) – [Perfect Driver Music] - http://bit.ly/1sl0e0T
06. Matthew Anthony – Headlights (Original Mix) – [Perfect Driver Music] - http://bit.ly/1lByrLD
07. Lana Del Rey – Ultraviolence (Disciples Remix) – [Polydor] - http://btprt.dj/1ouoiLn
08. Krimson – Jump Around (2014 Burning Man Edit) – [Perfect Driver Music] - http://bit.ly/1sl0e0T
09. Aaron Snapes – Space Bass (Original Mix) – [Dirtybird] - http://bit.ly/1ub4n93
10. Doug English – Hood Life (Original Mix) – [Perfect Driver Music] - http://btprt.dj/1nL4Z0S
11. Kiwi – The Mara (Original Mix) – [Blasé Boys Club] - https://soundcloud.com/kiwidj
12. Travie Bobby – Out The Trunk (Original Mix) – [Unreleased] - http://bit.ly/1sRDh5C
13. Despereaux – Foreplay (Original Mix) – [Unreleased] - https://soundcloud.com/despereaux
14. Sirmo – Fat Bootie Funk (Original Mix) – [Perfect Driver Music] - http://bit.ly/1sl0e0T
15. Wood Holly – Carcosa (Original Mix) – [Perfect Driver Music] - http://btprt.dj/1CdDQxn
16. Charlotte OC – Strange (Justin Martin Remix) – [Polydor] - http://btprt.dj/1B5daxn
An electronic music aficionado since he first heard the melodic, downtempo Trance compilation album Transit, Dirty Motive has taken his sweet time with electronic music; absorbing each element of the countless sub-genres, one at a time, to better understand why this music makes people move the way that it does and why we love it so much.
A talented performer, he is appreciated for his creative approaches to festival production, fire performance, slam poetry and comedy. Currently however, music is his main squeeze and he has enjoyed recent praise for his improvisational style and fast-thinking versatility on the decks.
Southern California is quickly realizing that from 60 minute Drum & Bass sets at the Red C Lounge in downtown San Diego to 6 hour Multi-Genre sets at Electric Cocoon campout gatherings in the middle of the Mojave desert, you can count on one thing:
Dirty Motive listens to the dance floor before letting music speak…
and the dance floor listens back.
This is the live recording of Sammy Bliss at the Soultruistic festival on June 28th, 2014. It was a warm, and windy, Saturday night in the desert. Good times were had by all. Enjoy!
Note that there's a spot about 1/2 hour in where one channel looses connection for about 2 seconds. Not sure what happened there. ;o)
When I asked today's guest DJ if he would put a little something together for us I was kinda surprised by the realization that this is his first mix for Beat Soup. Clearly an oversight on my part, 'cuz Vitamindevo is a well known staple in the SF underground house scene, a fantastic DJ & producer, and a helluva nice guy to boot. So, my apologies for taking so long to introduce you to this immensely talented soul . . . and with that, make sure to grab a napkin 'cuz this bowl of soup is gonna get MESSY!
Vitamindevo’s genre of choice is tech house, but he loves mixing it with spacey breaks, dub-tech, deep house, and acid elements. Music has always been his preferred form of therapy since he was young enough to hear and would spend hours banging on the drums in his parent’s basement studio jamming to the sounds of 60′s and 70′s rock. Thankfully he never lost his obsession with music. In college he was first introduced to the electronic music scene in Florida, then after moving to Brooklyn in 2004, he began to be influenced by the industrial synchronicity, depth and scale of New York.
Vitamindevo has now been a part of the scene for over fourteen years, including ten spent DJing and producing, and he has no desire to slow down now! He has performed up and down the East and West Coasts, at clubs, warehouses, forests and deserts in NYC, SF, LA, Northern California, and Nevada as both Vitamindevo and his old duo 3l3tronic while part of Robot Heart the early years. He has collaborated with Truth Now, Bianca Dino, Nico Tower, Stillwell, etc. His newest side project Gydyr, is a bass-focused alter-ego, that he has performed as at Warfield opening for Knife Party, as well as being an Insomniac Discovery Project winner.
You don’t go to a Vitamindevo show to sit, you go to see the speakers explode with energy on a sweat-drenched dance floor where time seems to stand still. His shows are a multi-dimensional experience brought to life with him dancing with you while weaving layers of rich digital components. The only thing better than getting lost in his music is looking up and seeing him dancing right along with you.
Sorry for the delay kids, a little computer malfunction has been resolved and the crisis narrowly averted. Whew!
What does the Fox say? Well, as it turns out, he says "HOUSE MUSIC!"
Adrian Fox, aka "A Fox," delivers a fantastic new mix of bouncy, housey goodness to ease the start to your week, exclusively on Beat Soup. Sit your booty down in this big bowl of tasty sauce and make sure to show Adrian some love at his links below!
Beat Soup loves you!
Will Levine, from the Ninjaskillz crew, sent over a new deep house mix he recorded recently and asked if I'd be interested in turning it into soup. I said yes, of course, without even listening to it, knowing Will would deliver the goods. And, as you would surmise, he does.
It all began around the time of Burning Man 2009 when DJ Saynt decreed that Will Levine would one day become a DJ! After conferring with divaDanielle at the Burn, it was decided that she would become his Sensei in the fine art of making booties shake! After a very short stint of practice, the infamous Porter Tinsley invited Will to open at Zanzibar. And so it was that in March of 2010, Will played his first gig.
March 2012, Will is inducted into the LA music collective known as Ninja Skillz.
Connect with Will on Facebook.
Listen to more of Will on mixcrate!
LIKE Beat Soup on Facebook!
Good morning Soupsters!
Today I offer up a mix of my own as we get ready to make our annual pilgrimage to the Lightning in a Bottle music and art festival! If you plan on joining us this year in Bradley, CA, you can always find me at The Woogie Stage, so come by and give me a high five.
And as always, make sure to like Beat Soup on Facebook!